5K Race/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run
Presented by Murphy’s Jewelers
Featuring the Hospital Hill Challenge
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Two Races in One!
In addition to the 5k Race/Walk, we feature the Hospital Hill Challenge.
The last 1/2 mile of the course is all uphill. In addition to the regular race timing, all runners will be timed separately for the last 1/2 mile. The fastest male and female runners for the hill climb will receive awards. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by fastest race time.
USATF Certified Course:
- Course certification code: AR11010DLP
Date and Time:
- Saturday, May 20, 2017
- 5k Race/Walk starts at 7:30 am
- Fun Run starts as soon as possible after the last 5k Walker Crosses the finish line (approximately 8:30 am)
- There will be no race day registration for this year’s 5k Race / Walk. All participants must pre-register. Registration will close at noon on Friday, May 19.
- Online-www.racesonline.com (more specifically: https://racesonline.com/events/magnolia-blossom-festival-5k-race-walk)-A processing fee will apply.
- By Mail – Send Completed Form and check payable to:
107 South Court Square
Magnolia, AR 71753
Make checks payable to: Murphy’s Jewelers
- In Person – At Murphy’s Jewelers – See address listed above
- Fun Run pre-registration will close at noon on Friday, May 19. Fun Run in-person registration will be open again on race day at the 5k Race/Walk Finish Line (corner of N. Washington and Union Street) from 7:45 a.m. until the Fun Run starts.
- Through Saturday, May 6, the 5k Race/Walk Entry Fee is $20.00. After May 7, and through noon on Friday, May 19, the Entry Fee is $25.00.
- Fun Run Entry Fee is $8.00. (Fun Run is a non-timed, one mile run, limited to participants 12 years old and under.)
- Shirts will be guaranteed only to those registered by Tuesday, May 9. Please register by then to ensure you receive one.
- All 5k Race/Walk entrants that register ONLINE will have their choice of Technical or Cotton T-Shirts. Those that register in-person or by mail will only be eligible to receive Cotton T-Shirts.
- Cotton T-Shirts will be available to the first 50 Fun Run entrants.
- Advance – Packets may be picked up at Murphy’s Jewelers during normal business hours (9:00 am – 5:30 pm) on Wednesday, May 17, through Friday, May 19. Only packets for those registered by noon on Tuesday, May 17, will be available for advance pickup. All other packets will be available for pickup on race day.
- Race Day – Packets must be picked up at Jackson Street Church of Christ (313 South Jackson) between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Chip timing will be used for the 5k Race/Walk. Disposable race number (bib) tag timing chips will be provided for all participants. Any participants that fail to properly wear their assigned race number (bib) will not be timed and will not be eligible for awards.
- $100 Cash Prize to First Place Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female In Each Age Division
- Age divisions are: Masters, 0-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
- Top Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in Each Age Division
- Age divisions are: 0-49 and 50+
- Hospital Hill Challenge
- $50 Cash Prize to Fastest Male and Female Runners for the 1/2 Mile Hospital Hill Climb. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by fastest race time.
- The Fun Run is limited to participants 12 years old and under. Medallions will be awarded to all finishers.
- Door prizes will be given away at the award ceremony. Must be present to win.
- Only registered race/walk participants will be allowed on the course. Pets, strollers, wagons, baby joggers, or any other hand pushed or pulled devices will NOT be allowed on the course.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- The race will go on regardless of precipitation. In the event that weather conditions present an imminent danger to participants, the race will be cancelled. No refunds will be given.
Male Runner: Female Runner:
John Barham Carli Langley
Male Hospital Hill Climb: Female Hospital Hill Climb:
Pierce Kassmeier Carli Langley
For more information contact: Paul Garris at (870) 949-9035, Kathy Loper at
(870) 904-3988, or Mark Williams at (870) 234-3072.