Magnolia Arts Annual Art Show
68th ANNUAL ART SHOW
Sponsored by Magnolia Arts located inside the Magnolia Arts Center, 116 South Washington on the downtown square.
On one Saturday in May for 67 years, Magnolia has been exposed to and enjoyed art. For 33 years the Sidewalk Art Show was one of the largest attractions to the town of Magnolia. Ms. Chamberlain was joined by members of the Sorosis Club, Chamber of Commerce, and Arkansas State Arts and Humanities Department to help make the Art Show a success. Marjorie Chamberlain passed away in 1997. She was an example of what influence one person can have on a community.
The Magnolia Arts Annual Art Show is now held in a climate controlled atmosphere in the Magnolia Arts Center, located on the Magnolia downtown square, 116 S. Washington.
All 2-D and 3-D fine arts media accepted, including photography, ceramics, quilting, woodwork and digital art. Pieces must be original and not previously shown at the Magnolia Arts Sidewalk Art Show.
The Arkansas Artmobile will be on display at the 2018 Magnolia Blossom Festival from May 16-19th!The Artmobile has been serving the state for over 50 years and is one of the nation’s very few mobile art museums. This unique gallery space features themed exhibitions of works from the Arkansas Arts Center’s permanent collection. Works are carefully selected for their artistic integrity and educational value. The Artmobile is a perfect source of arts exposure for schools, libraries, festivals, and more!
For more information click on this link: https://www.arkarts.com/artmobile
2018 DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Friday, May 4th ~ Adult mail – in registration form and check deadline – this guarantees your panel during the Annual Art Show
- Saturday, May 12th, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ~ Adult and Youth artist registration and drop off
- TUESDAY, MAY 15TH ~ ALL ART HAS TO BE SUBMITTED BY 7:00 P.M.
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 16th, CLOSED FOR JUDGING until 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 16th 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. ~ Artists’ Reception and The Arkansas Arts Center ARTMOBLIE – all is welcome.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday open from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. ~ Wednesday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday Artmobile will be on the square open and open to the public 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (times may vary)
- Saturday, May 19th, Blossom Festival Day,
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, May 19th 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. FREE family friendly, Tommy Terrific’s Wacky Magic Show inside the Arts Center.
- ALL ART HAS TO BE PICKED UP BETWEEN 2 p.m. AND 3 p.m. THE DAY OF THE FESTIVAL!!!Steak Dinner dining at the Arts Center doors open at 5 p.m. ~ Advance tickets can only be bought through the Arts Center
Tommy Teriffic Magic Show!
Saturday Performances at 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM
@ Magnolia Arts
Tommy Diaz grew up in North Little Rock, AR and moved to New York City after graduating from Northwestern University to pursue an acting career on Broadway. While in New York he created Tommy Terrific’s Wacky Magic show. He recently returned home to Arkansas with his family in order to raise his son in a more family environment, be close to Nana and Papa and restore a historic home in downtown Little Rock with his wife. Tommy is very proud to bring all the fun and laughter of the Tommy Terrific’s Wacky Magic show to Arkansas. www.tommyterrific.com
Magnolia Arts Steak Dinner Fundraiser:
Purchase your Magnolia Arts steak dinner fundraiser ticket for $50 and join us for dine-in at the Magnolia Arts Center! You will be served your steak dinner with table side service while dining in air-conditioning and with homemade desserts. No waiting in line and best of all, you will be supporting the arts.
How can you get tickets? Call Janet at 870-901-3600 or purchase online at
Thank you for your support!